traffic analytics

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Creativity Page 62-63.........................

Creativity is a combination of wonderful wild ideas and then a lot of hard work.
******************************************************************************************
Great art and great science involve a leap of imagination into a world that is different from the present. The erst of the society often views these new ideas as fantasies without relevance to the current reality. And they are right. But the whole point of art and science is to go beyond what we now consider real, and create a new reality. At the same time this escape is not into a "never-never" land. What makes a novel idea creative is that once we see it, sooner or later we recognize that, strange as it is, it is true.
*******************************************************************************************
This one is very interesting(about endurance expected from S&T people):

Yeah, there is a trick I pull for this. When I've a job to dolike that, where you have to do something taht takes a lot of effort, slowly, I pretend I'm in jail. Don't laugh. And if I'm in jail, time is of no consequence. In other words, if it takes a week to cut this, it will take a week. What else have I got to do? I'm going to be here for twenty years. See? This is the kind of mental trick. Becuase otherwise you say, "My God, it is not working", and then you make mistakes. But the other way, you say time is of absolutely no consequence. People start saying how much will it cost me in time? If I work with somebody else it is fifty bucks an hour, a hundred dollars and hour. Nonsense. You just forget everything except that it's got to be built. And I have no trouble doing this. I work fast, normally. But if something will take a day gluing and then next day I glue the other side------it takes two days---it does not bother me at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment