traffic analytics

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Random Thoughts..............

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."
- Erma Bombeck

Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won.
- Louisa May Alcott

Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. You must be able to sustain yourself against staggering blows. There is no code of conduct to help beginners. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go much further than people with vastly superior talent.
- Sophia Loren

Sometimes success is due less to ability than zeal. The winner is he who gives himself to his work body and soul.
- Charles Buxton

Love me, please, I love you; I can bear to be your friend. So ask of me anything ... I am not a tentative person. Whatever I do, I give up my whole self to it.
- Edna Saint Vincent Millay

Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.
- Swami Sivananda

The dedicated life is the life worth living.
- Annie Dillard

I never liked the middle ground-the most boring place in the world.
- Louise Nevelson

Show me a person who is not an extremist about some things, who is a "middle-of-the-roader" in everything, and I will show you someone who is insecure.
- G. Aiken Taylor

He did it with all his heart, and prospered.
- Bible

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
- General Douglas MacArthur

Prayer is commitment. We don't merely co-operate with God with certain things held back within. We, the total person, co-operate. This means that co-operation equals committment.
-E. Stanley Jones

Blind commitment to a theory is not an intellectual virtue: it is an intellectual crime.
- Imre Lakatos

The relationship between commitment and doubt is by no means an antagonistic one. Commitment is healthiest when it's not without doubt but in spite of doubt.
- Rollo May

No comments:

Post a Comment