traffic analytics

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pain of giving birth to a new idea.....................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I realized then that if something is at stake, the human mind gets ignited and working capacity gets enhanced manifold. Challenges throw up opportunities. Once one selects a task, one should get immersed in it. Either you will succeed or fail; that risk will always be there. This should not deter you. When you fail, you still have the experience gained to draw upon in the future.

Start by risking your own position for a mission. Either I deliver or I go. Prepare yourself for the endeavour. With effort and perseverance you will succeed. There is always a risk involved when we venture into something new. **After all, the process of birth itself is a risky affair. But then the infant starts breathing......and life follows, with all its hopes and aspirations. Breathe in thoughts of success and you will be success.-----Ignited Minds, Page 177
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
** I think research is all about that. It is more painful and requires more patience compared to development. Development is like implementing an idea which is already there. It is laborious and less risky. Because any way you will make something. There are more risks in choosing a research career and very few will have the necessary patience. Last time when uncle, auntie came to meet me, I was bragging about my recent development work here :(. Oh baba please help me to remain humble, keep me grounded.......... Uncle appreciates it, but he told that research is different. I think he used the word "slogging" for PhD. Perhaps I didn't appreciate it then, but after thinking a lot, yes he was right. Working with a set of specs and coming out with a product with the use of existing solutions is different from coming out with an entirely new solution. I think research and development are two different dishes having different tastes. Both requires different bent of mind: that of a scientist for research and of an engineer for development. I've just tasted research@IITK, but I was never into it. Perhaps if ever I get a chance to do PhD, I may have that experience also. O Lord, prepare me for that experience. When I was IITK, I used to meet worried PhDs. I think the most important thing is to select the right problem and to know that it is really a problem. I'll continue later since it is time to go............. It is Thrusday today and I know I have to be extra alert for His messages......Baba help me to do justice to this day of my life.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment